The boat tours will be held on Sun., Sept. 21, and will depart from 535 Dock St. at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m., and 4 p.m. Tours are first come, first served. Passengers will enjoy a ship-side view of one of North America’s largest container ports.
Free tickets will be available at the Port of Tacoma booth at Maritime Fest the day of tours for the next available sailing time. Tickets for the 10 a.m. tour will be available beginning at 9 a.m. Arrive 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time to line up for boarding. Passengers with mobility challenges should plan to take the 4 p.m. tour when the tide makes it easier to board.
More information is available online here.
To read the Tacoma Daily Index‘s complete and comprehensive coverage of Port of Tacoma boat tours and Tacoma’s annual Maritime Fest, click on the following links:
- Boat building, tall ships on deck at 22nd Annual Tacoma Maritime Fest (Tacoma Daily Index, June 24, 2014)
- Annual Port of Tacoma boat tours prove popular (Tacoma Daily Index, September 3, 2013)
- Boat building, Tall Ships cannon battle on deck at Tacoma’s Maritime Fest (Tacoma Daily Index, August 1, 2013)
- Free Port of Tacoma boat tours (Tacoma Daily Index, July 9, 2013)
- Port of Tacoma hosts popular annual boat tour (Tacoma Daily Index, September 8, 2011)
- Maritime Fest, boat tours this weekend (Tacoma Daily Index, September 13, 2007)
- Port hosts boat tours Sept. 18 (Tacoma Daily Index, September 8, 2005)
- Port of Tacoma offering free tours, open house this Sunday (Tacoma Daily Index, September 17, 2003)
- Come get ‘dinghy’ at Maritime Fest (Tacoma Daily Index, August 29, 2002)
- Free boat tours part of Maritime Fest (Tacoma Daily Index, September 3, 2002)
- Commencement Bay Maritime Fest (Tacoma Daily Index, September 12, 2000)