The Tacoma-based Cartoonist’s League of Absurd Washingtonians (C.L.A.W.) has announced it is accepting applications for its “Young Cartoonist of the Future” scholarship, which is awarded annually to a student currently enrolled in an educational institution and aspiring to be a cartoonist or illustrator.
Since it was introduced in 2009, the scholarship program has awarded nearly $4,500 to six students:
- 2009 | Adam M. Botsford ($100)
- 2010 | Amelia Davis ($370)
- 2011 | Kayla Nicole Cline ($908.24)
- 2012 | Michael Johnson ($792.07)
- 2013 | Melanie Anne Eggleston ($1,059.10)
- 2014 | Kenzy Sorenson ($1,223)
So far this year, C.L.A.W. has raised $355 toward the scholarship.
Applications are available online at cartoonistsleague.org/scholarship. The application deadline is Sun., March 15. The scholarship recipient will be announced this summer. More information is available online at cartoonistsleague.org.
To read the Tacoma Daily Index‘s complete and comprehensive coverage of the Cartoonist’s League of Absurd Washingtonians (C.L.A.W.), click on the following links:
- Tacoma illustrators award annual student scholarship (Tacoma Daily Index, May 7, 2014)
- Aspiring student illustrator? Apply today for C.L.A.W. scholarship (Tacoma Daily Index, April 18, 2012)
- Tacoma-based C.L.A.W. awards annual scholarship (Tacoma Daily Index, April 25, 2011)
- Aspiring student illustrator? Apply today for C.L.A.W. scholarship (Tacoma Daily Index, March 10, 2011)
- A creatively fun night with R. R. Anderson at King’s Books (Tacoma Daily Index, Nov. 16, 2010)
- Tacoma’s Man of Mischief: Inside the curious world of R. R. Anderson (Tacoma Daily Index, Nov. 10, 2010)