The Port of Tacoma recognized the 2015 Summit Award recipients during the organization’s annual breakfast Wednesday morning in downtown Tacoma. The awards honor Port of Tacoma customers and tenants for corporate achievement and business excellence in three categories of leadership:
Business Magnet – A Port of Tacoma customer or member of the supply chain (shipper, transportation or logistics service provider, developer) for business development efforts and investments that lead to recognizable increase in business volume or new business opportunities for the Port of Tacoma, and have a positive economic effect for the citizens of Pierce County.
Environmental Stewardship – A Port of Tacoma customer or tenant for a project, program or initiative that supports Pierce County’s sustainability and honors biodiversity and the interconnected nature of industry, people, wildlife and natural systems.
Livable Community – A Port of Tacoma customer or tenant for a project, program or initiative that demonstrates the business community’s positive contribution to Pierce County through social responsibility. Criteria include philanthropy and charitable giving, community service and employee volunteering, community engagement and outreach, and employee development.
This year’s recipients are Regal Logistics (Business Magnet); Harley Marine Services (Environmental Stewardship); and the Tacoma Seafarer’s Center (Livable Community).
Past Summit Awards recipients include PCC Logistics, Transportation Club of Tacoma, Friends of Julia’s Gulch, Washington United Terminals, Trident Seafoods, Targa Sound Terminal, SAFE Boats, MacMillan-Piper, Totem Ocean Trailer Express, and the International Longshore and Warehouse Union Local 23.
The annual breakfast, which was held at the Greater Tacoma Convention and Trade Center, also included a State of the Port address by Port of Tacoma CEO John Wolfe, and a keynote address by former NFL player and motivational speaker/author Eric Boles.
More information is available online here.
To read the Tacoma Daily Index‘s complete and comprehensive coverage of the Port of Tacoma Annual Breakfast and Summit Awards, click on the following links:
- Port of Tacoma Annual Breakfast, Summit Awards March 25 (Tacoma Daily Index, March 4, 2015)
- Port of Tacoma seeks 2015 Summit Awards nominees (Tacoma Daily Index, Oct. 21, 2014)
- Port of Tacoma picks 2014 Summit Award recipients (Tacoma Daily Index, April 9, 2014)
- RSVP for Port of Tacoma Summit Awards, Annual Breakfast (Tacoma Daily Index, March 19, 2014)
- Port of Tacoma seeks Summit Award nominees (Tacoma Daily Index, Dec. 5, 2013)
- Port of Tacoma: Pacific Gateway magazine highlights strategic investments (Tacoma Daily Index, Oct. 9, 2013)
- Targa Sound Terminal, SAFE Boats receive Port of Tacoma Summit Awards (Tacoma Daily Index, May 23, 2013)
- Summit Awards, 10-year strategic plan headline Port of Tacoma’s annual breakfast (Tacoma Daily Index, May 21, 2013)
- Port of Tacoma seeks nominees for annual Summit Awards (Tacoma Daily Index, Nov. 27, 2012)
- Port of Tacoma announces Summit Awards recipients (Tacoma Daily Index, April 24, 2012)
- Port of Tacoma launches 10-year strategic development plans (Tacoma Daily Index, April 24, 2012)
- Register today for Port of Tacoma’s annual breakfast (Tacoma Daily Index, March 26, 2012)
- Nominate stellar Port of Tacoma customers, tenants for Summit Awards (Tacoma Daily Index, Feb. 7, 2012)