University of Washington Tacoma officials will host a groundbreaking ceremony in February to mark the start of a renovation of the former Tacoma Paper and Stationery Building (pictured below).
The building, which is located in the 1700 block of Jefferson Avenue, is the last historic warehouse to be renovated on the University of Washington Tacoma campus. The four-story, 40,000-square-foot building dates back to 1904 and was once home to Tacoma Biscuit & Candy Co., Union Pacific Railroad, the wholesale paper company Blake, Moffitt & Towne, and the Old Spaghetti Factory.
The groundbreaking ceremony will be held on Fri., Feb. 19, between 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., on the University of Washington Tacoma campus. More information is available online here.