Tacoma City Council is looking to fill one position on the Tacoma Area Commission on Disabilities.
The 11-member panel consists of volunteers from Tacoma and Pierce County with a variety of experiences and expertise that advises Tacoma City Council in policy making, and partners with the community to bring awareness of issues that affect individuals with disabilities. In addition, commission members participate on committees, help educate the public about disability issues, and serve as a resource for City staff.
Applications must be submitted to the City Clerk’s Office by Fri., Jan. 30. Youth between the ages of 16 and 18 are encouraged to apply. Apply online at cityoftacoma.org/cbcapplication or by contacting Nicole Emery at (253) 591-5178 or firstname.lastname@example.org or the City Clerk’s Office, located at Tacoma Municipal Building North, 733 Market St., Room 11, in downtown Tacoma.
More information about the Tacoma Area Commission on Disabilities is available online here.
To read the Tacoma Daily Index‘s complete and comprehensive coverage of the Tacoma Area Commission on Disabilities, click on the following links:
- CITY OF TACOMA REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETINGS 2015 MEETING, LOCATION, TIME, (Tacoma Daily Index, Dec. 31, 2014)
- City of Tacoma Neighborhood and Community Services Department NOTICE OF (Tacoma Daily Index, Nov. 25, 2014)
- Tacoma seeks nominees for disability advocacy awards (Tacoma Daily Index, May 22, 2014)
- City Hall News: Tacoma’s Auto Row, cop cars for sale, and open space land donation (Tacoma Daily Index, March 21, 2014)
- City Hall News: McMenamin’s BIA Expansion, Knights of Pythias turns 150 and Enviro Services strategic plan (Tacoma Daily Index, Feb. 21, 2014)
- City Hall News: City Manager contract, streamlined permitting and disabilities commission appointments (Tacoma Daily Index, Feb. 7, 2014)
- Tacoma seeks to fill 10 positions on 4 citizen committees (Tacoma Daily Index, Nov. 18, 2013)
- 2 Tacomans awarded disability advocate honors (Tacoma Daily Index, Oct. 17, 2012)
- City’s disabilities commission seeks members (Tacoma Daily Index, Aug. 20, 2008)