Perfect for families looking to spend time outdoors, the Tacoma Nature Center has utilized the Agents of Discovery platform to create a free, educational app to get youth active, engaged and learning about the world around them.
For the launch of the app, the nature preschool and homeschool science families have been invited to assume the exciting role of a Secret Agent on a Mission as they gain new insights into the natural world. Challenges (or questions) are created by park staff members and are geo triggered as kids walk the trail.
* What: Agents of Discovery, augmented reality application launch
* Who: Tacoma Nature Center preschool and home-schooled students. This event is also open to the general public.
* When: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Saturday, February 3
* Where: Tacoma Nature Center, 1919 S. Tyler St., Tacoma WA 98405
* After February 3, the general public is welcome to play the free augmented reality app at Tacoma Nature Center daily from 8:30 a.m. until 30 minutes after sunset.
The game is free to download and once downloaded does not require any data or WiFi to play. Loaner smart phones are available during the Nature Center’s open hours Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Visitors receive a collectable prize once they complete their Agents of Discovery Mission. There will be a new prize every quarter as the Nature Center updates their Mission. Download Agents of Discovery at Google Play or the App Store.
– Metro Parks