Pierce County Council
3 p.m., Tuesday, January 14, 2003
930 Tacoma Ave. S.
Proclamations, awards, appointments
Proposal No. R2003-6, recognizing and remembering the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. for his outstanding contributions to the ideals of equality and justice throughout the world.
Proposal No. R2002-140, confirming the appointment of four new members to the Solid Waste Advisory Committee. (Rochelle Roxy Giddings, Lyz Kurnitz-Thurlow, John Spencer and Kenneth Dolan)
Proposal No. R2002-142, confirming the appointment of one new alternate member to the Board of Equalization. (Leland S. Hamre)
Proposal No. 2002-133, amending Section 1.22.080 of the Pierce County Code, Examiner – Powers and Duties, to grant the Pierce County Hearing Examiner the authority to issue subpoenas.
Proposal No. R2003-1, establishing the councils standing committees; naming the committee memberships; and setting meeting times for standing committee meetings for 2003.
Proposal No. 2003-2, making appointments of councilmembers and staff to positions on external boards, commissions, committees and other organizations for the year 2003.
Proposal No. R2003-3, setting the date of an evening council meeting in Council District No. Seven, for Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at the Pierce County Environmental Services Building Public Meeting Room, located at 9850 – 64th Street West, University Place, Washington.
Proposal No. R2002-4, calling for a special election on March 11, 2003, for the purpose of submitting to the affected voters the determination of whether or not the proposed city of Frederickson shall be incorporated as a non-charter code city; describing the boundaries of the proposed City of Frederickson; and providing a ballot title.
1. Interview candidates for Council District No. 6 vacancy
a. Paul Bocchi
b. Bob Lawrence
c. Dick Muri
2. Proposal No. R2003-5, appointing ______ as Pierce County Councilmember, representing District No. Six.
3. Swearing in of District No. 6 Councilmember
4. Election of 2003 Council Officers:
b. Vice Chair
c. Executive Pro Tem
5. Motion to approve the Meeting Schedule for the week of January 20-25, 2003.
6. Motion to approve the Council Meeting Agenda for January 21, 2003.
7. Motion to approve the Personal Services Agreement for the Council Budget Consultant.