SUMMONS SERVED BY PUBLICATION
IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF PIERCE
In re the Guardianship of:
DAKOTA RAE ARMSTRONG,
To: Biological father of the above-named minor
The Co-Petitioners have started a case asking for guardianship of the above-named minor under RCW 11.130.185. If the Minor Guardianship Petition is approved, the rights of the parents or legal custodians could be substantially restricted.
You must respond to this Summons and Petition if you want the Court to consider your side.
Your Response must be filed and served within 90 days of the date this Summons is published. (Date of publication: January 18, 2022). If you do not file and serve your Response or a Notice of Appearance by the deadline:
No one has to notify you about other hearings in this case; and
The Court may approve the requests in the Petition without hearing your side (called a Default Judgment).
Follow these steps:
1. Read the Petition and any other documents that were filed at Court with this Summons. Those documents explain what the other party is asking for.
2. Respond to this Summons and Petition.
You can get forms you may need at:
The Washington State Courts’ website: www.courts.wa.gov/forms;
Washington LawHelp: www.washingtonlawhelp.org; and
The Superior Court Clerk’s office or county law library (for a fee
3. Serve (give) a copy of your Response to the person who filed this Summons at the address below, and to any other parties. You may use certified mail with return receipt requested. For more information on how to serve, read Superior Court Civil Rule 5.
4. File your original Response with the Court Clerk at this address:
Superior Court Clerk, Pierce County
930 Tacoma Avenue S
Tacoma, Washington 98402
5. Lawyer not required: It is a good idea to seek advice of a lawyer in this mailer, but you may file and serve your Response without one.
This Summons is issued pursuant to Rule 4 of the Superior Court Civil Rules of the State of Washington.
DATED this 6 day of December, 2021.
/S/ JUDSON C. GRAY, WSBA #15195
Attorney for Co-Petitioners
4142 6th Avenue
Tacoma, Washington 98406
January 18, 2022