The City of Tacoma will provide an update on its efforts to support walking and biking citywide during a presentation Wednesday at the downtown Tacoma Public Library.
Staff with Tacoma’s Office of Environmental Policy and Sustainability will share accomplishments achieved last year, as well as planned enhancements this year. Attendees will learn more about $2.5 million in planned improvements serving pedestrians, trail and bikeway facilities, and upcoming Master Plan opportunities.
The meeting will be held on Weds., Jan. 29, at 6 p.m. at the Tacoma Public Library, 1102 S. Tacoma Ave.
Tacoma’s Office of Environmental Policy and Sustainability serves to research, develop and make recommendations on sustainable practices and policies, track progress, promote sustainable practices, and establish community partnerships. More information is available online here.
To read the Tacoma Daily Index‘s complete and comprehensive coverage of Tacoma’s Mobility Master Plan, click on the following links:
- City Hall News: STAR Community, TCRA appointments and MLK Holiday (Tacoma Daily Index, January 17, 2014)
- Tacoma seeks bids for bikeway improvement project (Tacoma Daily Index, December 18, 2013)
- City Council to vote on $1.25M for Tacoma bike, pedestrian trail (Tacoma Daily Index, December 4, 2012)
- Design plans under way for Schuster Parkway trail corridor (Tacoma Daily Index, September 14, 2012)
- Tacoma awarded $1M grant for bike, pedestrian corridor upgrades (Tacoma Daily Index, August 8, 2012)
- Tacoma named ‘Bicycle Friendly Community’ (Tacoma Daily Index, May 15, 2012)
- Tacoma Wins VISION 2040 Award for Mobility Master Plan (Tacoma Daily Index, September 1, 2011)
- Tacoma City Council will consider Comprehensive Plan amendments, Land Use Regulatory Code(Tacoma Daily Index, June 14, 2010)
- Transportation Fair at Tollefson Plaza Sept. 25 (Tacoma Daily Index, September 18, 2009)