Tacoma now has 12 new public electric vehicle charging stations. The charging stations are available for public use at a cost of $3 per charge and are located at the following facilities: two stations at the Pacific Plaza Garage, 1125 Commerce St.; two stations at the Museum of Glass, 1801 Dock St.; two stations at the ‘A’ Street Garage, 110 South 10th St.; four stations at the Tacoma Convention Center – Lot A, located at 1500 Broadway; and two stations are also being installed at Cheney Stadium in conjunction with the Sustainable Stormwater Project (these stations will be available for public use upon the completion of the project).
The stations support the City’s sustainability goals of reducing greenhouse gas emissions. The public stations were provided through the Coulomb Technologies ChargePoint America Program as part of a grant through the U.S. Department of Energy. The Puget Sound region, including the City of Tacoma, is one of six regions in the country included in the Electric Vehicle (EV) Program and one of nine regions included in ChargePoint America. Both of these programs are funded with Federal Stimulus dollars through the U.S. Department of Energy. For more information about Tacoma’s EV stations, visit cityoftacoma.org/EVstations.