The City of Tacoma could soon fill eight positions on the 10-member Tacoma Community Redevelopment Authority (TCRA) Board.
TCRA serves the local community by administering loans to low-income families who need help buying or repairing their homes, as well as to developers who provide multi-family housing to low-income families. The board also works with businesses that rehabilitate blighted commercial space, as well as with non-profit organizations that provide key services to the local community. The board consists of lawyers, bankers, contractors, certified public accountants, and real estate brokers or agents. They serve two-year terms. The board meets at 7:30 a.m. on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month.
Currently, the City of Tacoma seeks to appoint or re-appoint one attorney, two contractors, one certified public accountant, two bankers, and two licensed realtors or brokers.
Tacoma City Council’s Neighborhoods and Housing Committee will interview 11 candidates for the board next week. The applicants include Tim Boyle — banker; Teresa Colby (seeking re-appointment) — contractor; Edward “Curt” Curtis (seeking re-appointment) — licensed realtor or broker; Carol Duris — banker; Rea Hagan (seeking re-appointment) — contractor; Jason Kors — certified public accountant; Lynn Lackey — licensed realtor or broker; Michael McNiel — licensed realtor or broker; Bryce Sheldon — licensed realtor or broker; Steve Snider (seeking re-appointment) — banker; and Chris Van Vechten — attorney.
The interviews will be held on Mon., Jan. 6, at 4:30 p.m. at the Tacoma Municipal Building, 747 Market St., Room 248. Copies of the agenda and meeting materials are available online here. Tacoma City Council is expected to review the committee’s recommendations for appointments and re-appointments and vote on the issue during its meeting on Tues., Jan. 21.
To read the Tacoma Daily Index‘s complete and comprehensive coverage of the Tacoma Community Redevelopment Authority Board, click on the following links:
- Tacoma awarded $3.86M grant to assist neighborhoods with high foreclosure rates (Tacoma Daily Index, Aug. 28, 2012)
- Fire Safety Loan Program now available for Tacoma business, property owners (Tacoma Daily Index, July 20, 2011)
- Fund-raising continues for Valhalla Hall renovation (Tacoma Daily Index, March 11, 2010)
- Tacoma City Council will vote on Federal ARRA funding for affordable housing, detox center (Tacoma Daily Index, Aug. 14, 2009)
- State awards $12 million deductions for Tacoma projects (Tacoma Daily Index, Sept. 16, 2008)
- Draft HUD 2008-09 consolidated plan, post disaster plan focus of study session (Tacoma Daily Index, March 24, 2008)
- State awards $12 million in Commercial Revitalization Deductions (Tacoma Daily Index, Oct. 15, 2007)
- State rewards Tacoma development projects (Tacoma Daily Index, Dec. 23, 2005)
- City staff reject three proposals for Phoebe House (Tacoma Daily Index, Oct. 5, 2005)
- TV Tacoma wins seven national awards (Tacoma Daily Index, Sept. 28, 2005)
- City reviews draft plan for Affordable Housing funds (Tacoma Daily Index, Aug. 2, 2005)
- City moves to put Phoebe House back in operation (Tacoma Daily Index, June 7, 2005)
- Council to set priorities for housing, community development (Tacoma Daily Index, April 6, 2005)
- State awards two Tacoma projects federal tax credits (Tacoma Daily Index, June 23, 2004)
- TV Tacoma wins most awards at national competition (Tacoma Daily Index, Sept. 24, 2003)
- State awards five Tacoma development projects federal tax grants (Tacoma Daily Index, July 15, 2003)
- Hillside site of two new housing projects (Tacoma Daily Index, Oct. 8, 2002)
- City of Destiny Awards honor volunteers tonight (Tacoma Daily Index, May 14, 2002)