The World Trade Center Tacoma will host its tenth annual Globe Awards Dinner on Thursday, Jan. 23.
The award dinner honors local businesses and individuals that contribute to the communitys international trade development through their trade involvement.
Last years winner of the coveted Globe Award was the Globe Machine Manufacturing Company.
IDmicro was the recipient of last years Marco Polo Award, created by the Frank Russell Company to recognize a small or medium size business for first time success in international trade.
This years event, presented by KeyBank, will feature former Senior Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer of The Boeing Company, John Warner.
He will be speaking on Washington State as a Global Center?
The World Trade Center Tacoma is still accepting donated items for the silent auction portion of the event.
The list of items continues to grow. Here are a few of the offerings you will find:
– The Sonics will provide a Seven Game Package for two.
– Heritage Bank provides a Gift Certificate to Anthonys Home Port.
– Washington Mutual Bank offers a golf date at Lake Trophy with Doug Kemper, vice president of trade services.
– Moss Adam will donate a one year family membership to the Tacoma Art Museum.
– Seattle Pacific Trading is providing two exquisite cloisonné Chinese vases.
– How about spending a day visiting three of the greatest museums in Washington state, then pampering yourself with a nights stay at the Sheraton Tacoma Hotel?
All proceeds will benefit the World Trade Center Tacomas Education Outreach Program.
All contributions will be recognized and are greatly appreciated.
The Globe Awards Dinner will take place at the Tacoma Convention Center at the Sheraton, 13th and Market St.
There will be a no-host reception and silent auction from 6 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., with the dinner program from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Cost is $85 for World Trade Center Tacoma members, $95 for non-members and $850 for a table of 10. Business attire is requested.
Please RSVP by Jan. 17. Please call 253/383-9474 or e-mail at email@example.com.