1. Information session on Commercial Real Estate Certificate program / April 19, 6-7 p.m. / UW Tacomas Cherry Parkes Building, Room 206-C / Prospective students interested in earning a certificate in commercial real estate are invited to attend an information session about the program, April 19, from 6-7 p.m., at UW Tacoma?s Cherry Parkes Building, Room 206-C. The eight-month commercial real estate certificate program begins in October and offers students expanded knowledge in subjects such as property values, insurance, risk management, and business and real estate law. For additional information, call (253) 692-4618.
2. Power of One conference reaches out to LGBT community / April 20-22, UWT?s Garretson Woodruff Pratt and West Coast Grocery buildings) / The Power of One Conference will bring hundreds of students and community members to UW Tacoma as part of an effort to create a regional network of support for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) college students. The three-day conference includes workshops, networking, leadership training, and other activities. The opening session begins at 9 a.m. in the Washington History Museum. Workshops and networking opportunities take place at UW Tacoma in the main Academic Building (enter at Garretson Woodruff Pratt Building). Call (253) 692-4481 for more information, or go to http://www.tacoma.washington.edu/diversity/powerofone/
3. Open house for prospective freshmen / April 29, from 10 a.m. to noon / UW Tacoma’s Birmingham Hay and Seed building, Room 104 and 106 / Prospective freshmen and their parents are invited to an open house at UW Tacoma on April 29, from 10 a.m. to noon, in Birmingham Hay and Seed Building (BHS), Room 104 and 106. Participants will receive information about admissions, student services, financial aid and scholarships, curriculum, and a campus tour. Call (253) 692-4400 for more information.
4. Panel discussion on health care reform for Cover the Uninsured Week / May 3, from 4-6 p.m. / UWTs Cherry Parkes Building, Room 105 / Panelists Tami Green, RN, Washington State House of Representatives, Kathleen OConnor, founding director, CodeBlueNow! Americas Health Care Voice, and Don Sloma, policy director, Washington Health Foundation, will talk about health care reform at an event on May 3, from 4-6 p.m. The panel discussion is being held in conjunction with Cover the Uninsured Week, May 1-7. Call (253) 692-4536 for more information.
5. Want to check out the UW Tacoma campus? Take a tour / Every Tuesday, beginning at 12:30 p.m. / Get the grand tour of the UW Tacoma campus. Tours are offered every Tuesday, and begin in the Garretson Woodruff Pratt Building, Room 102, located just above the University Bookstore on Pacific Avenue. Learn more at http://www.tacoma.washington.edu/studentaffairs/info_session.html .