The City of Tacoma’s next quarterly Monday Mixer networking event will focus on traditional and alternative funding opportunities for small businesses. Lending agency representatives and crowd funding experts will explain their unique industry sectors and answer questions about funding for expansions or start-ups.
“Entrepreneurship and innovation are on the upswing in Tacoma,” said Tacoma Mayor Marilyn Strickland. “We want to see things improve even further. This upcoming Monday Mixer is an opportunity for small business owners and entrepreneurs to learn about new and innovative loan and funding options.”
The event will be held on Mon., April 20, between 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., at Revive Tacoma, located at 323 Puyallup Ave. Staff from the City of Tacoma’s Community and Economic Development Department will be at the event, along with various community leaders. Monday Mixers are free to attend and open to all.
The quarterly Monday Mixer is part of ‘Tacoma Means Business,’ a program that aims to provide business resources, up-to-date business information, and free business assistance options in Tacoma. More information is available online at tacomameansbusiness.com.
To read the Tacoma Daily Index‘s complete and comprehensive coverage of the City of Tacoma’s Tacoma Means Business program, click on the following links:
- Code inspections ahead for Tacoma’s business districts (Tacoma Daily Index, Feb. 7, 2013)
- Learn business tips for landing City contracts Sept. 17 (Tacoma Daily Index, Sept. 6, 2012)
- Mayor Strickland to host forum on cyber security (Tacoma Daily Index, May 15, 2012)
- City of Tacoma launches site for business community (Tacoma Daily Index, April 2, 2012)
- ‘Tacoma Means Business’: City to unveil new business development Web site (Tacoma Daily Index, March 23, 2012)