Sound Transit will host an open house next month to discuss the future of Tacoma’s LINK light rail.
According to Sound Transit officials, the transportation agency, in cooperation with the City of Tacoma and Pierce Transit, continues to analyze alternatives for expanding the current 1.6-mile light rail line in downtown Tacoma.
An open house is scheduled for Weds., Dec. 5 between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. at the University of Washington Tacoma, William Philip Hall Conference Center, located at 1918 Pacific Ave. Visitors will learn about potential corridors, evaluation criteria most important to the general public, feedback on early scoping for the project, and how to stay informed about the project. Visitors will also have the opportunity to provide additional comments on the project.
A schedule of additional drop-in sessions in Tacoma includes the following:
- Thurs., Dec. 6, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Tacoma Public Library, Olympic Room, 1102 Tacoma Ave South;
- Thurs., Dec. 6, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Evergreen College, Room 206, 1210 6th Ave.;
- Mon., Dec. 10, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Tully’s (Stadium District), 24 North Tacoma Ave.;
- Mon., Dec. 10, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Forza Coffee Company, 317 South 72nd Street;
- Tues., Dec. 11, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., STAR Center Lobby, 4702 S 19th St.
More information is available online at soundtransit.org/TacomaLinkExpansion.