Here are the top five stories read by visitors to the Tacoma Daily Index‘s Web site during the month of January, according to Google Analytics.
1. Benaroya family donates art collection, $14M to Tacoma Art Museum (Tacoma Daily Index, Jan. 14, 2016) — Seattle philanthropist Becky Benaroya donated $14 million and her family’s collection of 225 works of art to the Tacoma Art Museum.
2. Groundbreaking ceremony planned for UW Tacoma Paper and Stationery Building renovation (Tacoma Daily Index, Jan. 11, 2016) — University of Washington Tacoma officials will host a groundbreaking ceremony in February to mark the start of a renovation of the former Tacoma Paper and Stationery Building.
3. Last days for aging downtown Tacoma art installation (Tacoma Daily Index, Jan. 14, 2016) — A downtown Tacoma art installation created 40 years ago by Pacific Northwest artist Harold Balazs was removed due to vandalism and safety concerns.
4. Tacoma’s Dome District boasts first Traffic Box Wrap Project artwork (Tacoma Daily Index, Jan. 22, 2016) — The first piece of art created as part of the City of Tacoma’s Traffic Box Wrap Project was installed in the Dome District. The artwork was created by Tim + April. In the end, 21 designs made by a range of local artists will be installed on 50 different traffic boxes throughout Tacoma.
5. Events abound in Tacoma to honor, celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (Tacoma Daily Index, Jan. 11, 2016) — Tacoma and Pierce County residents celebrated Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on by attending events hosted by the City of Tacoma, Bates Technical College, UW Tacoma, Clover Park Technical College, and the Washington State History Museum.