Voters who want to learn more about the City of Tacoma’s plan to place a proposal on the ballot in November to raise money for street repairs should attend a series of informational meetings scheduled to begin later this month.
According to City of Tacoma officials, Proposition 1, a ballot measure slated for the Nov. 5 election, asks voters to consider a proposal that would authorize the City of Tacoma to levy an additional two per cent tax on natural gas, electric and phone company earnings for the sole purpose of funding basic Tacoma-wide neighborhood street improvements and safety upgrades would generate an estimated $10 to $11 million in sustainable annual funds for the basic maintenance of neighborhood streets, bridges and safety improvements.
The City of Tacoma will host 10 informational sessions at various locations across the community on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings between Mon., Aug. 26 and Weds., Oct. 30. All sessions are scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. at the following locations:
- Mon., Aug. 26 at Lincoln High School, 701 South 37th St., Tacoma, WA 98418;
- Weds., Sept. 4 at Wheelock Library, 3722 North 26th St., Tacoma, WA 98407;
- Weds., Sept. 11 at Fern Hill Library, 765 South 84th St., Tacoma, WA 98444;
- Mon., Sept. 16 at Meeker Middle School, 4402 Nassau Ave. NE, Tacoma, WA 98422;
- Mon., Sept. 23 at Truman Middle School, 5801 North 35th St., Tacoma, WA 98407
- Weds., Oct. 2 at Tacoma Main Library, 1102 Tacoma Avenue South, Tacoma, WA 98402;
- Weds., Oct. 9 at Moore Library, 1102 Tacoma Avenue South Tacoma, WA 98402;
- Thurs., Oct. 10 at Jason Lee Middle School, 602 North Sprague Ave., Tacoma, WA 98403;
- Mon., Oct. 14 at Gray Middle School, 6229 South Tyler St., Tacoma, WA 98409;
- Weds., Oct., 30 at Snake Lake Nature Center, 1919 South Tyler St., Tacoma, WA 98405.
More information is available online at CityofTacoma.org/Prop1Facts.