Tacoma City Council is scheduled Dec. 14 to receive an update from George Webb, CEO of The Stratford Company, on the state of Old City Hall.
On Nov. 24, water pipes froze then burst following an arctic storm, spreading 30,000 gallons of water throughout the six-story, 117-year-old building, located at 625 Commerce Street, causing much damage.
During the study session, Webb, head of the ownership group, is scheduled to provide information on what is being done to repair the building and what the group’s long-term plans are for Old City Hall.
Additionally, councilmembers will receive an update on the Broadway Center for Performing Arts from Executive Director David Fischer.
The study session for Dec. 14 will be held at 12:30 p.m. at the Pantages Theater, 901 Broadway. The council will not take public comment. The session will be broadcast live on TV Tacoma and on tvtacoma.com. On-demand audio archives are available on the Web within 24 hours of the meeting at tvtacoma.com.
To read the Tacoma Daily Index‘s complete and comprehensive coverage of Old City Hall, click on the following links:
- Building inspector’s report shows more work needed at ‘derelict’ Old City Hall (Tacoma Daily Index, January 19, 2012)
- Transient linked to Old City Hall fire (Tacoma Daily Index, January 6, 2012)
- Hope for Old City Hall? Historic Tacoma tours iconic, derelict building (Tacoma Daily Index, June 7, 2011)
- Inside Old City Hall (Tacoma Daily Index, May 26, 2011)
- Historic preservation group calls Tacoma’s Old City Hall ‘endangered’ (Tacoma Daily Index, May 24, 2011)
- More trouble for Old City Hall? (Tacoma Daily Index, March 28, 2011)
- Inspector’s report offers grim glimpse inside ‘derelict’ Old City Hall (Tacoma Daily Index, January 4, 2011)
- Historic Buildings, Historic Recession: Questions for Old City Hall owner George Webb (Tacoma Daily Index, December 17, 2010)
- Hope for Old City Hall? Building clean-up, foreclosure prevention efforts under way, says owner(Tacoma Daily Index, December 14, 2010)
- Tacoma City Council to receive Old City Hall update Dec. 14 (Tacoma Daily Index, December 10, 2010)
- Bank publishes notice to foreclose on Old City Hall; City to study public development authority for historic buildings (Tacoma Daily Index, December 9, 2010)
- Old City Hall for sale (Tacoma Daily Index, January 7, 2008)