No. 22-3-01448-1-Summons

No. 22-3-01448-1-Summons

No. 22-3-01448-1


Notice about a Marriage or Domestic Partnership


Superior Court of Washington

County of Pierce

In re the marriage/domestic partnership of: Petitioner:

Maria A. Morales-Martinez

And Respondent:

Madelano Padilla


Notice about a Marriage or Domestic Partnership

To the Respondent: Your spouse/domestic partner (the Petitioner) started a case asking the court : To end your marriage.

You must respond in writing for the court to consider your side.

Deadline! Your Response must be served on the Petitioner within 20 days of the date you were served this Summons (60 days if you were served outside of Washington State). If the case has been filed, you must also file your Response by the same deadline. If you do not file and serve your Response or a Notice of Appearance by the deadline:

* No one has to notify you about other hearings in this case, and

* The court may approve the requests in the Petition without hearing your side (called a default judgment).

Follow these steps:

1. Read the Petition and any other documents that were filed at court with this Summons. These documents explain what the Petitioner is asking for.

2. Fill out a Response on this form:

* Response to Petition about a Marriage (FL Divorce 211) if you are married, or * Response to Petition about a Registered Domestic Partnership (FL Divorce 212) if you are a domestic partner.

You can get the Response and other forms at:

* The Washington State Courts’ website:

* The Administrative Office of the Courts – call: (360) 705-5328

* Washington LawHelp:, or

* The Superior Court Clerk’s office or county law library (for a fee).

3. Serve (give) a copy of your Response to the Petitioner at the address below. You may use certified mail with return receipt requested. For more information on how to serve, read Superior Court Civil Rule 5.

4. File your original Response with the court clerk at this address:

Superior Court Clerk, Pierce County

930 Tacoma Ave South Tacoma WA 98402

If there is no “Case No.” listed on page 1, this case may not have been filed and you will not be able to file a Response. Contact the Superior Court Clerk or check to find out.

If the case was not filed, you must still serve your Response, and you may demand that the Petitioner file this case with the court. Your demand must be in writing and must be served on the Petitioner or his/her lawyer (whoever signed this Summons). If the Petitioner does not file papers for this case within 14 days of being served with your demand, this service on you of the Summons and Petition will not be valid. If the Petitioner does file, then you must file your original Response with the court clerk at the address above.

5. Lawyer not required: It’s a good idea to talk to a lawyer, but you may file and serve your Response without one.

Petitioner or his/her lawyer fills out below:


Date: 5-10-22

Petitioner agrees to accept legal papers for this case at:

[x] Petitioner’s lawyer’s address:

8701 45th Street West University Place WA 98466

Email (if applicable): This Summons is issued according to Rule 4.1 of the Superior Court Civil Rules of the State of Washington.


June 9, 16, 23, 30, July 7, 14, 2022