AMENDED Summons: Notice about Petition for Parenting Plan, Residential Schedule and/or Child Support
Superior Court of Washington, County of PIERCE In re parenting and support of:
Children: DAVION MARKS
And Respondent: ALVIN SMITH
Summons: Notice about Petition for Parenting Plan, Residential Schedule and/or Child Support
To the Respondent: The petitioner has started an action asking the court for a parenting plan, residential schedule, and/or child support. Important! The Petitioner must complete the address boxes below. If the Petitioner does not give a service address and the court’s address, this Summons will be invalid. Petitioner’s Lawyer: Julie Rho
Petitioner’s Address for Service: Sixth Avenue Law Office
4003 Sixth Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98406
Superior Court of Washington, County of PIERCE Court’s Address for Filing: Pierce County Superior Court 930 Tacoma Avenue South Tacoma, WA 98402
You must respond in writing for the court to consider your side. Deadline! Your Response must be served on Petitioner within 20 days of the date you were served this Summons (or 60 days if you were served outside of Washington State). If the case has been filed in court, you must also file your Response by the same deadline. If you do not file and serve your Response or a Notice of Appearance by the deadline:
* No one has to notify you about other hearings in this case, and
* The court may approve the Petitioner’s requests without hearing your side. (This is called a default judgment.)
Lawyer not required. It is a good idea to talk to a lawyer, but you may file and serve your Response without one.
Follow these steps:
1. Read the Petition and any other documents you receive with this Summons. These documents explain what the Petitioner is asking for.
2. Fill Out the Response to Petition for Parenting Plan, Residential Schedule, and/or Child Support (FL Parentage 332). You can get the Response and other forms at:
* The Washington State Courts’ website: www.courts.wa.gov/forms
* Washington LawHelp: www.washingtonlawhelp.org, or
* The Superior Court Clerk’s office or county law library (for a fee).
3. Serve (give) a copy of your Response to Petitioner at the Petitioner’s address for service on page 1.
4. File your original Response with the clerk of the court at the court’s address for filing on page 1.
Alishia Marks, Petitioner
Julie Rho, WSBA #36771, Attorney for Alishia Marks
If there is no “Case No.” listed on page 1, this case may not have been filed and you will not be able to file a Response. Contact the Superior Court Clerk or check www.courts.wa.gov to find out. If the case was not filed, you must still serve your Response, and you may demand that Petitioner file this case with the court. Your demand must be in writing and must be served on Petitioner or their lawyer (whoever signed this Summons). If Petitioner does not file papers for this case within 14 days of being served with your demand, this service on you of the Summons and Petition will not be valid. If Petitioner does file, then you must file your original Response with the court clerk at the address above.
This summons is issued pursuant to RCW 4.28.180 and Superior Court Civil Rule 4.1 of the State of Washington.
March 21, 28, April 4, 11, 18, 25, 2023