No. 20-3-01230-0-Notice

No. 20-3-01230-0-Notice

No. 20-3-01230-0

Notice: about a Marriage or Domestic Partnership


Superior Court of Washington, County of PIERCE

In re the marriage/domestic partnership of:



And Respondent:


Summons: Notice about a Marriage or Domestic Partnership

To the Respondent: 1. The Petitioner started an action asking the court:

[x] To end your marriage.

Additional requests, if any, are stated in the petition, a copy of which is attached to this summons.

2. You must respond to this summons and petition by serving a copy of your written response on the person signing this summons and by filing the original with the clerk of the court.

If you do not serve your written response within 20 days (or 60 days if you are served outside of the state of Washington) after the date this summons was served on you, exclusive of the day of service, the court may enter an order of default against you, and the court may, without further notice to you, enter a decree and approve or provide for the relief requested in the petition.

In the case of a dissolution of marriage or domestic partnership, the court will not enter the final decree until at least 90 days after filing and service. If you serve a notice of appearance on the undersigned person, you are entitled to notice before an order of default or a decree may be entered.

3. Your written response to the summons and petition must be on one of these forms:

* Response to Petition about a Marriage (FL Divorce 211) if you are married, or

* Response to Petition about a Registered Domestic Partnership (FL Divorce 212) if you are a domestic partner.

4. You can get the Response and other forms at:

* The Washington State Courts’ website: www. courts.w a. gov/forms

* The Administrative Office of the Courts – call: (360) 705-5328

* Washington LawHelp:, or

* The Superior Court Clerk’s office or county law library (for a fee).

5. If this action has not been filed with the court, you may demand that the petitioner file this action with the court. If you do so, the demand must be in writing and must be served upon the person signing this summons. Within 14 days after you serve the demand, the petitioner must file this action with the court, or the service on you of this summons and petition will be void.

6. If you wish to seek the advice of an attorney in this matter, you should do so promptly so that your written response, if any, may be served on time.

7. One method of serving a copy of your response on the petitioner is to send it by certified mail with return receipt requested.

This summons is issued pursuant to RCW 4.28.180 and Superior Court Civil Rule 4.1 of the state of Washington.

Dated: 04/15/2020

/s/Julie Rho, WSBA #36771

Attorney for /s/Kristen Phelps, Petitioner

File original of your response with the clerk of the court at:

Pierce County Superior Court 930 Tacoma Avenue South

Tacoma, WA 98402


Serve a copy of your response on:

X Petitioner’s Lawyer Sixth Avenue Law Office

4003 Sixth Avenue

Tacoma, WA 98406

* If Petitioner’s address changes before the case ends, Petitioner must notify all parties and the court clerk in writing. S/he may use the Notice of Address Change form (FL All Family 120). S/he must also update the Confidential Information Form (FL All Family 001) if this case involves parentage or child support.


November 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, December 7, 2020