The final opportunity for in-person comment on the Tacoma Charter Review Committee on the city governments structure will be 6 p.m., on Thursday, Feb. 26, in the Council Chambers, first floor of the Tacoma Municipal Building, 747 Market St.
Some of the questions the committee will consider are:
– Should the current structure of government be retained?
– Should the structure of government be retained?
– Should the City Council confirm appointments to the city department directors?
– Should the term limits on the mayor and City Council be changed?
– Should the number of City Council districts be increased or decreased?
The committee spent much of the past month discussing the city governments structure and is planning to vote on recommendations to the council on that issue at its March 4 meeting.
Public comment at tomorrows meeting is strongly encouraged. Citizen recommendations on any aspect of the charger may be e-mailed to: