The public is invited to participate in the 9th Annual South Sound Sustainability Expo on Sat., March 5, between 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Greater Tacoma Convention and Trade Center, located at 1500 Broadway, in downtown Tacoma.
This free event connects local residents and business owners with services, products, companies, and agencies that address community sustainability needs. Participants learn about transportation choices, green construction, energy conservation, reuse and recycling, solar energy, local food and gardening, and cost-effective sustainability practices. Attendees will have an opportunity to network with over 100 vendors; participate in interactive workshops, a mini-Farmers’ Market, and Kids’ Corner activities; and learn how to have a more sustainable impact on the local community and natural environment.
The South Sound Sustainability Expo is sponsored by the City of Tacoma, Tacoma Public Utilities, Pierce County, Puget Sound Cooperative Credit Union, Pierce Transit, and the Port of Tacoma.
More information is available online at southsoundsustainabilityexpo.org.
To read the Tacoma Daily Index‘s complete and comprehensive coverage of the South Sound Sustainability Expo, click on the following links:
- 8th Annual South Sound Sustainability Expo March 7 in Tacoma (Tacoma Daily Index, Feb. 18, 2015)
- 7th Annual South Sound Sustainability Expo March 1 in Tacoma (Tacoma Daily Index, Feb. 25, 2014)
- 6th Annual South Sound Sustainability Expo March 2 in Tacoma (Tacoma Daily Index, Feb. 20, 2013)
- South Sound Sustainability Expo March 3 in Tacoma (Tacoma Daily Index, Feb. 15, 2012)
- 50 exhibitors slated for South Sound Sustainability Expo (Tacoma Daily Index, March 3, 2011)